1 April 2019
The new National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage increases are shown below.
The National Minimum Wage is for employees under the age of 25, and the National Living Wage is for people over 25.
The new rates are as follows:
· £8.21 per hour – 25 yrs old and over
· £7.70 per hour – 21-24 yrs old
· £6.15 per hour – 18-20 yrs old
· £4.35 per hour – 16-17 yrs old
· £3.90 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
It is a criminal offence for employers to not pay someone the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage. Penalties for failure to comply with the National Living Wage.
If you have any queries about the amount you should be paying to your staff, please get in touch with our Payroll Team on 020 8530 0720 or email email@example.com.